More recently, any beautician would tell you that frequent shampooing is unacceptable. Today, every second master will smash the “stupid old superstitions” and explain clearly: in the conditions of a modern city, our hair just needs daily care. And how are things really? Can I wash my hair every day? And if so, does this process have special tricks that you need to know?
Legends and facts about hair washing
It’s hard to believe, but even true gurus of professional hair care still can’t agree among themselves on this issue. Some masters continue to insist on the dangers of frequent bathing: they say that sebum is washed off completely, hair and scalp lose their natural protection, their condition is rapidly deteriorating … Other cosmetologists are ready with foam at the mouth to defend the right hair for a daily meeting with water and shampoo. Their arguments are no worse: the environment is disrupted, the air is full of dust and harmful compounds, which densely cover the strands per day, preventing them from breathing and undermining health along with beauty.
Because of this confusion, numerous legends arise, sometimes openly ridiculous. “If you completely stop washing your hair, they will begin to cleanse themselves …” “If you wash often, your head will get dirty faster …” “If you don’t change the shampoo every season, the hair will get used to it and it will stop acting …” But the fact is that there is no single rule for all curls in the world. You will have to find out the features of your hair and carefully choose the care they need.
Features of water procedures for …
Each type of hair has its own secrets. But regardless of whether you wash your hair twice a day or take shampoo once a month, there are general rules that should never be violated.
Before washing, the curls need to be combed. Or at least disassemble into separate locks, so that after bathing you did not have to unravel the real tussles.
Hot water stimulates the production of sebum, and cold water reduces blood flow to the scalp. For washing, select the average temperature, for rinsing – slightly warm.
Rinse the strands along the entire length and carefully massage at the roots to supply them with oxygen and cleanse the skin of fat and epithelium scales. In addition, it will help the active substances of the shampoo to better penetrate the hair follicles.
Do not be lazy to prepare herbal decoctions for rinsing – this will benefit curls of any type, and especially with frequent washing.
Whenever it is possible to dry your hair naturally, use it.
Proper care of the curls will provide a brilliant result.
Understood the general rules. Let’s find out how often you need to wash your hair for owners of different types of hair. For instance…
… normal curls
The most pleasant and trouble-free type of hair! Its owners have strong strong hair with a healthy shine, the ends almost do not split, the scalp does not cause discomfort. The owners of such locks can easily do without washing for several days, and the hair will retain a well-groomed appearance and a good volume. Daily hair treatments are not required for this hair; can even hurt! Overdried skin will respond to aggressive washing by erecting new and new protective barriers in the form of a greasy film, and the fragile balance of natural processes will be upset.
- Wash your hair every 3-4 days.
- Buy shampoo strictly for normal hair type.
- Use natural rinse aid. Decoctions of chamomile, nettle or linden flowers are well suited to the normal type of hair.
- Flowers and decoction of linden
… dry and weakened
Such ringlets are especially capricious in leaving. Dull strands can not boast of either volume or density. Greasy shine appears at the roots a maximum of 5-7 days after washing, or even completely absent. The ends are split, the skin experiences an unpleasant sensation of dryness, tingling and itching. Frequent washing for dry strands is like suicide – it will only exacerbate all existing problems.
- Wash your hair every 7 days.
- Handle loose strands as carefully as possible. Do not pull, do not scuff, use a hairdryer and curling iron only when absolutely necessary.
- Raise the water temperature a few degrees. If all other types of curls require warm rinsing, in your case it can be hot: it does not hurt dry hair to stimulate the production of sebum. But make sure that the skin does not experience discomfort.
- Buy shampoos and conditioners for dry hair.
- Before washing your hair, do moisturizing and nourishing masks based on oils, sour cream and honey, and after – use decoctions of plantain and burdock root.
- For dry hair, the use of sprays with special protection against ultraviolet radiation, overheating and other negative environmental factors is of particular importance.
- Use a hair spray. Curls need reliable protection against cold, heat and direct sunlight.
… greasy hair
The hair is dense, thick and beautiful, but literally on the second day after washing, a greasy shine appears. Strands literally in a matter of hours lose volume, turning into dirty cosmas.
- Here, frequent washing will really be appropriate and useful. And not only for reasons of beauty. Sebum clogs the pores, blocking the access of oxygen, which most negatively affects the health of the hair. Wash every two days – the best option for fatty strands, but if necessary, you can repeat this procedure daily. Track the state of your hair for a few days after washing, and over time, accurately determine the appropriate regimen.
- Get a shampoo for oily curls or one that says “for daily use.”
- Wash your head with a little warm water, and rinse with cool.
- For home masks use alcohol tinctures of herbs.
- Balm is generally not recommended to be applied to the hair roots, but in your case it is especially important. Feel free to step back 5-7 cm from the scalp and only then distribute the product over the rest of the hair.
- Water for rinsing oily hair acidify with lemon juice
Which shampoo to prefer?
In any case, the main rule applies: the shampoo should match your hair. If the vial suddenly ends, you should not take the first one that turned up by the arm of a sister, husband or roommate – they may turn out to have owners of a completely different type of hair.
If you wash your hair every day, be sure to purchase a shampoo for frequent use. Deprived of aggressive components, it will clean the strands gently and gently.
Another ridiculous idea is to wash your hair with animal shampoo. No no and one more time no! No matter what the obsessive sellers in the store promise you, there is too much difference between your locks and a horse’s mane for such a substitution to be useful.
But the division of shampoos into “male” and “female” is simply an advertising trick. All that distinguishes them is different fragrances, bubble shape and color; the composition itself does not have fundamental features. Therefore, if you and your missus’s curls are equally dry, greasy or normal, you can no doubt wash your hair with it.
Many lovers of home cosmetics are advised to get rid of dandruff and excess fat with the help of laundry soap. There is a point in this. However, heavy light brown whetstones, albeit natural ones, contain a lot of alkali, and therefore require very careful handling. You can use it once or twice a month, subject to certain rules. And of course, laundry soap cannot completely replace shampoo.
As for the advice to change the shampoo every 3-6 months, professionals here can not find a definite answer. Therefore, just do as you personally think is right.
Your body is magically individual. Even hair has its own “character” and requirements! Watch them. Determine which care helps them look better. Handle your hair carefully, and one day you will see her truly fabulous transformation.